APPrO Contact Page
Association of Power Producers of Ontario
APPrO is a non-profit organization representing generators operating in the province of Ontario, and a variety of organizations and individuals concerned with generation. APPrO has more than 100 members including developers, suppliers and consultants to power enterprises, both public and private, with an emphasis on implementing responsible and sustainable energy systems in Canada and around the world.
APPrO offers extensive resources of many types to assist business, government, utilities, and scientific researchers acquire useful information pertaining to sustainable energy systems. See APPrO Mission Statement
- APPrO sponsors one of the leading annual events in the generation industry in Canada. APPrO is also proud to have sponsored one of the largest Canadian conferences to date focussing on First Nations and independent power production. For further information, including transcripts of the six conferences in Toronto, see publications and further information below.
- Educational Materials and Networked Resources
- APPrO can make available large amounts of its publication and research data, via internet channels on request.
- Intervention in Public Hearings
- APPrO's predecessor IPPSO was one of the major intervenors at Ontario Environmental Assessment Board hearings, Ontario Energy Board hearings and various national and international stakeholder processes, related to Ontario Hydro successor companies, energy, electric utilities and related matters.
- Campaigns and Educational Programs
- (APPrO has sponsored campaigns on electricity rates, externalities, the politics of northern hydro dam construction, competitive bidding, the design of energy policy, aboriginal energy concerns, and related matters, see mission statement)
- Special Projects
- More information is available on request, but these projects have included public-interest efforts on behalf of district energy, protection of native lands in concert with development of alternative energy resources, promotion of renewable energy and sustainable development.
- APPrO Database
- APPrO maintains an extensive internal database of suppliers, buyers, developers, financiers, marketers, consultants and environmental interests related to sustainable energy technology in Canada. Members of APPrO may request information through specific searches, although privacy requirements and other factors frequently place limits on the dissemination of such information.
[ Home Page | APPrO membership | APPrO publications]
For queries or suggestions, please forward to:
APPrO, PO Box 1084 Station F, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 2T7 Canada.
Street address: 25 Adelaide St. East, Suite 1602, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 3A1
(courier entrance on 44 Victoria)
Last update: January 25 2005